Monday, January 10, 2011

On the ship (not a boat)...

The time has come... we are finally on board the ship, and learning
lots by the minute. The ship is great, a lot more spacious than I
originally thought, and we have learned to be creative with storage
strategies in our cabin (not room). I'm learning the shipboard lingo
- and just for your future reference, the MV Explorer is a ship, not a
boat, we are staying in a cabin (not a room), on the 3rd deck (not
floor). Oh and also for the record, it's a voyage, not a cruise :).

It's actually been quite fun to meet the faculty, other staff, and
family members on board. Everyone has been extremely nice, and I have
a feeling that this group of people will create an incredible
experience. We have a number of seasoned SAS faculty and staff
members on our voyage, and it's neat to hear their different stories
and perspectives. So, we are all on board, a few days before the
students, to complete our orientation and prepare for their arrival.
The schedule has been packed with good info, and I'm still trying to
get my bearings as to where things are on the ship.

Mark has some free time, which has actually been helpful for me, as
he's helping me with a few things I needed to get done... and I think
he's enjoying the basketball court and gym, all to himself. Lucky
guy:)

Off to my next orientation session...

No comments:

Post a Comment